This document regulates the General Booking Conditions (hereinafter, “General Conditions”) of any vehicle available on the website. www.autosvalls.com (from now on, “the Website”), which belongs to the company AUTOS PUNTA PRIMA SL with headquarter at Calle Carniola 32, 07714 Mahón Menorca (Spain), registered in the mercantile registry of Menorca, in volume 33, folio 213, page no. IM-1748 and CIF B07768369.
The user of the service (hereinafter, “User”) is solely responsible for reading and accepting these General Conditions as a prior step to making any reservation. The User is exposed to the present General Conditions through the Website, so that they can read, print, store and accept them, the User should not proceed with the booking of the vehicle without such consultation and acceptance. The User will always have these General Conditions in a visible and freely accessible place on the Website.
Acceptance of these General Conditions implies that the User:
- Has read, understood and accepted all parts of the General Conditions.
- Meets the minimum age required (see section 11.1) with full legal capacity to contract.
If you do not accept any part of the General Conditions, you should not continue with the reservation process.
1. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
In no case shall Autos Valls be responsible for:
- Errors or delays in access by the User at the time of entering the data in the reservation form; Any anomaly that may arise when the inability to complete the reservation was due to problems in the Internet network, acts of God or force majeure and any other unforeseeable contingency beyond the good faith of Autos Valls. In any case, Autos Valls undertakes to solve the problems that may arise and offers all the necessary support to solve the problems as quick and satisfactory as possible.
- Errors or damages caused by an inefficient use of the services or in bad faith by the User.
2. APPLICABLE LEGISLATION AND ALTERATION OF THE GENERAL CONDITIONS.
2.1. These General Conditions are subject to the provisions of The Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, of November 16, which approves the revised text of the General Law for the defence of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws; Law 7/1998, of April 13, on General Contract Conditions; Royal Decree 1906/1999, of December 17, 1999, which regulates Telephone or Electronic Contracting with general conditions; Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the Protection of Personal Data; Law 7/1996, of January 15, on the Regulation of Retail Trade and Law 34/2002 of July 11, on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce.
2.2 Autos Valls reserves the right to modify these General Conditions at any time, without the need to previously notify the User, who, in any case, is solely responsible for reviewing them as a prerequisite and essential to the rental of vehicles available through this web page or its simple access. In any case, the General Conditions that were displayed on the web at the time the User rented the vehicle will be considered valid and applicable.
3. ON-LINE VEHICLE RESERVATION SERVICE.
To complete the vehicle reservation service, the User will be required to:
- Select the reservation data (place, time and dates of collection and return of the vehicle).
- Select the category of the vehicle to reserve. In no case is a colour, brand or type of a vehicle reserved, but rather only the category.
- Click the reserve button.
- Introduce the personal data.
- Press continue.
- Enter the credit or debit card information.
- Confirmation screen and payment of the reservation comes up.
- And you will receive an email including your booking voucher with all the identifying data of your reservation.
Successful completion of the reservation process does not constitute a vehicle rental agreement, which has to be formalized and must be signed by the driver upon arrival at the vehicle collection place.
There will only be a legally binding reservation when the User, has filled in the real, necessary data on the website and has made the reservation request by clicking on the “Book and Pay” button, only then he will receive the confirmation of the booking, by Autos Valls, through the reservation voucher. The User understands that, by clicking on the “Book and Pay” button, he is authorizing Autos Valls to charge his card for the amount of the booking indicated on the website.
Once the User has received the booking voucher, he must print it and show it to the responsible, at the time of the vehicle collection. The reservation voucher serves as the basis of the contract for the vehicle rental.
The User concedes that it is his own responsibility to print and check the confirmation of the reservation and ensures himself that all the data and details of the booking are correct.
Autos Valls reserves the right to refuse the delivery of the vehicle and denies the signing of the rental contract to people who are:
- Under 18 (depending on the category of the vehicle) at the time of vehicle collection. Consult Group Table in section 11.1
- Not in possession of a valid driving license issued in the European Community or international driving license issued in non-countries.
- Do not meet the age and experience required for the reserved group of cars.
- At the time of collection of the vehicle in a state of bad health that could pose at risk themselves or third parties.
- Not able to satisfy the payments, guarantees or deposits required.
4.1. The valid rates will be those that were available at the time the User had made his reservation.
4.2. The rental price, as well as the deposit is defined by the general rate and must be paid in advance by the User. In no case may the deposit be used for an extension of the rental period.
4.3. The duration of the rental period will be agreed in the contract and be invoiced based on periods of twenty-four hours, counting from the moment the rental agreement was formalized. There is a courtesy period of fifty-nine (59) minutes, after which an additional charge of one day’s rental will apply.
4.4. In the event that the User wishes to keep the vehicle for a time longer than the agreed one in the contract, he must obtain written authorization from Autos Valls, to whom he must pay the corresponding amount, when signing the extension of the contract.
4.5. Autos Valls will not refund any amount in case the user returns the vehicle before the date and time agreed in the contract.
5. ADDITIONAL CHARGES.
The User agrees to return the vehicle to Autos Valls on the date, time and the location as stated in the rental agreement. The rental service will only then be considered finished once the vehicle and its keys have been delivered to Autos Valls.
There is an extra charge of 35.00 € for delivery and / or collection outside the POIMA Airport Office (7:00 to 22:00).
The user must return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel as handed (full/full, half/half etc.). Otherwise, the client will be billed for the missing fuel, plus an additional charge for the refuelling service. The refuelling service fee is established in the actual general tariff. No other additional charge will be applied for petrol The return of the vehicle by the user with more fuel will not entail any economic compensation.
The fuel consumed by the vehicle during the rental period is at the User’s expense. The User shall refuel the vehicle with the appropriate type of fuel for the vehicle. Otherwise, the User will be responsible for the expenses incurred for the transfer and/or repair of any damage that may have occurred to the vehicle due to the use of inadequate fuel and no replacement vehicle will be provided due to incorrect fuelling .
All reservations made by the User are subject to the VAT of 21% (included. In the rental price)
5.3. ADITIONAL DRIVER.
The additional driver charge is of € 4.50 (VAT included) per day and driver, with a maximum of 2 drivers per contract or vehicle.
Prices are those stated in the general tariff list.
5.5. DELIVERIES AND PICK-UP IN PLACES DIFFERENT FROM THE INDICATED IN THE RESERVATION (One Way).
The renter must appear in person and give notice in writing at the Autos Valls Rent a Car office where the contract was signed, at any time, before the end of the rental period fixed in the contract, If the return or the check-in is not made at the same office as specified in the rental-agreement or the vehicle is abandoned, the renter will have to pay the extra cost of the vehicle recovery plus all expenses and costs derived from the recovery as well as the rental days counting from the stipulated return date (check in) until the definite return and preparation of the vehicle, Fees applied are those according to the general tariff list, as located on the website.
5.6. HANDLING FEES.
In the case that fines of traffic violation have to be processed by Autos Valls, a charge of € 30.00 will be applied.
5.7. RETURN OF THE VEHICLE.
In the event that at the time of the return of the vehicle, the Autos Valls employee detects that some of the items listed below are missing, the user accepts to pay:
- Keys: Breakage, wetness, total or partial loss (replacement price depends on the type of vehicle) plus coding if necessary.
- Vehicle documentation: depending on the vehicle type.
- Reflective vest: priced as listed in the general price list.
- Any other item that is delivered within the vehicle, its replacement cost will be billed according to the official supplier rate.
6. VERIFICATION OF THE VEHICLE’S CONDITION.
6.1. The state of the vehicle will be reviewed at the time of delivery and return by the User. At the time of delivery of the vehicle the User will review, together with an Autos Valls employee, the condition of the vehicle and any damage will be recorded on the rental agreement.
6.2. When the vehicle is returned, it will be reviewed again by an Autos Valls staff member who then will identify any damage. Any identified damage that had not been included in the rental contract at the time of the delivery of the vehicle, will be assumed by the User.
7. USE OF THE VEHICLE.
7.1. The User agrees to use and drive the vehicle in accordance with the basic rules of driving and circulation and in accordance with the specific indication for the type of vehicle.
7.2. The User agrees to not use the vehicle and / or not letting it to be used in the following cases (by way of example):
- Circulation through places not suitable for public transport (beaches, car circuits, etc.)
- Driving on roads that could lead to damage to the underbody of the vehicle ( rural roads, non-asphalted roads, etc.)
- Negligent reaction, ignoring the dashboard warning lights on the vehicle the User declares to pay attention and report any abnormality by signing this contract.
- The transport of animals in the vehicle.
- The transport of people or goods that directly or indirectly implies a payment to the User (eg, use the Vehicle as a “Taxi”)
- The sublease of the total or parts of the vehicle.
- The transport of a number of people or amount of luggage greater than that authorized in the vehicle technical data and according to the number of seat belts.
- Driving the vehicle under influence of alcohol, tiredness, illness or under the influence of medications or drugs.
- Reckless driving.
- Driving not obeying the traffic regulations.
- Driving the rented vehicle by persons that are not authorized and identified in the contract.
- Driving the vehicle off the island (leaving the island) where it was rented.
- Use of the vehicle after the rental period has extinguished.
7.3. Only the person or persons identified and thereby accepted by Autos Valls, in writing, in the rental contract and / or in any attachment are authorized to drive the vehicle.
7.4. The User agrees to keep the vehicle closed / locked when not in use.
7.5. To the User it is hereby strictly forbidden to assign, lend, mortgage pledge, sell, give as a guarantee the vehicle, the rental contract, the keys, the documentation, the equipment, the tools and / or accessories of the vehicle and / or any part or piece of it, or treat the rented vehicle in a way that damages Autos Valls.
7.6. It’s forbidden, unless expressly authorized by Autos Valls,to transfer the vehicle to the Peninsula or to other islands. Any violation of these conditions will authorize Autos Valls to oblige the User to immediately return the vehicle, without the need for justification or compensation.
8. VEHICLE CONDITION.
8.1. It is strictly forbidden to change any technical characteristics of the vehicle, keys, equipment, tools and / or accessories of the vehicle, as well as making any modification to its external appearance. In case of infringement of this article, the User must bear the expenses, duly justified, in order to restore the vehicle to its original condition and pay an extra amount as compensation for immobilization of the vehicle.
8.2. The User exempts Autos Valls from all responsibility for losses or damages that may occur to clothes and objects left, forgotten or transported in the vehicle by the User or by any other person, during the time of the rental contract and after the return of the vehicle.
9. PRICE, DEPOSIT AND EXTENSION. PAYMENTS.
9.1. The User agrees to pay Autos Valls:
- The amount resulting from the actual price-list and the price agreed in the rental contract, corresponding to duration, insurance, optional exemptions, optional equipment and complementary services, according to the conditions applied, as well as the applicable taxes and fees.
- All damages and / or thefts suffered totally or partially in the vehicle and that are not covered by the insurances (exemptions) contracted by the User, the maximum responsibility of the User will be the value of the vehicle on the market.
- The amount due to the handling of fines for any traffic infringement of the present and applicable legislation, especially those relating to the road traffic regulations, which the User may incur, as well as the corresponding charges for the delay in payment by the User and the judicial or extrajudicial expenses that Autos Valls may have to incur as a result of the foregoing. All this with the exception of those fines that Autos Valls is responsible for, as owner of the vehicle.
9.2. Payment of the amounts indicated in the previous section must be made by credit, debit card or in cash. In the event that the payment is made in cash, Autos Valls reserves the right to request one or more credit cards from the User as a guarantee. A deposit will be blocked on the credit / debit card until the date of return of the vehicle (See table section 11.1). Make sure the card is valid and has sufficient funds. In case of not presenting a valid credit / debit card or with insufficient funds, Autos Valls may refuse to deliver the vehicle to the user.
10.1. The rental rates include the compulsory vehicle insurance coverage and the supplementary civil liability insurance, with unlimited guarantee for damages against third parties, derived from the use and circulation of the vehicle.
10.2. These coverages are guaranteed and are assumed by the insurer with whom Autos Valls has the corresponding insurance policy.
10.3. By signing the corresponding rental contract, the User links as the insured to the aforementioned policy, a copy of which exists at the Autos Valls headquarters.
10.4. This policy does not cover the damages, losses, theft or any other damage suffered in the luggage, merchandise or personal objects transported in the vehicle, the total or partial loss of the vehicle or the damages suffered by vandalism and / or a traffic accident.
11.1. CDW Basic Insurance: All groups have the compulsory civil liability insurance, a supplementary civil liability: of 50,000,000.00 Euros, defence, deposits and damage claims, driver accident, and entail a damages excess, whose value depends on the vehicle group chosen by the user:
|Groups||Models (or similar)||Excess||Minimum Age||Driving license age||Requeried Deposit
|B||Fiat 500||850 €||21||3 years||850 €||300 €|
|B1||Fiat New Panda||850 €||21||3 years||850 €||300 €|
|BE||Fiat 500 Electric||1.400 €||24||3 years||1.400 €||Not available|
|C||Fiat Punto||995 €||23||3 years||995 €||300 €|
|D||Fiat Tipo||995 €||23||3 years||995 €||400 €|
|D1||Citroën Picasso||1.100 €||24||3 years||1.100 €||350 €|
|D2||Fiat 500X||1.100 €||25||3 years||1.100 €||400 €|
|D2A||Fiat 500X Automatic||1.100 €||25||3 years||1.100 €||400 €|
|D3||Audi Q2||2.200 €||28||4 years||2.200 €||Not available|
|D4||Jeep Compass||1.800 €||26||3 years||1.800 €||Not available|
|D4A||Jeep Compass Automatic||1.800 €||26||3 years||1.800 €||Not available|
|D5||Jeep Renegare||1.500 €||26||3 years||1.500 €||Not available|
|D5A||Jeep Renegare Automatic||1.500 €||26||3 years||1.500 €||Not available|
|E||Toyota Prius Hibrido||1.200 €||27||4 years||1.200 €||700 €|
|E1||Fiat 500 Cabrio||1.350 €||23||4 years||1.350 €||500 €|
|E2||Volkswagen New Beetle Cabrio||1.500 €||28||4 years||1.500 €||Not available|
|E3||Audi A3 Cabrio||1.800 €||28||4 years||1.800 €||Not available|
|F||Volkswagen Caddy||600 €||22||3 years||600 €||Not available|
|F1||Nissan NV300||750 €||24||3 years||750 €||Not available|
|F2||Peugeot Boxer||750 €||24||3 years||750 €||Not available|
|F3||Nissan NV400||995 €||24||3 years||995 €||Not available|
|M7||Nissan NV200||1.700 €||25||3 years||1.700 €||500 €|
|M8||Mercedes Vito||1.800 €||25||3 years||1.800 €||Not available|
|M9||Nissan Primastar||1.800 €||25||3 years||1.800 €||500 €|
|I||Liberty 50||300 €||19||(A1/AM/B) 1 year||300 €||There is the possibility of contracting an insurance reduction of 50% of the excess|
|I1||Vespa Primavera 125||700 €||21||(B) 3 years / (A1) 1 year||700 €||There is the possibility of contracting an insurance reduction of 50% of the excess|
|I2||Piaggio Liberty 125||300 €||21||(B) 3 years / (A1) 1 year||300 €||There is the possibility of contracting an insurance reduction of 50% of the excess|
|I3||Yamaha Delight 125||300 €||21||(B) 3 years / (A1) 1 year||300 €||There is the possibility of contracting an insurance reduction of 50% of the excess|
|I4||Honda Vision 110||300 €||21||(B) 3 years / (A1) 1 year||300 €||There is the possibility of contracting an insurance reduction of 50% of the excess|
|J||Piaggio Medley 125||700 €||21||(B) 3 years / (A1) 1 year||700 €||There is the possibility of contracting an insurance reduction of 50% of the excess|
|J1||Honda SH125||700 €||21||(B) 3 years / (A1) 1 year||700 €||There is the possibility of contracting an insurance reduction of 50% of the excess|
|J2||Honda SH350||900 €||23||(A1/A2/A) 1 year||900 €||Not available|
|J3||Honda Forza 350||900 €||23||(A1/A2/A) 1 year||900 €||Not available|
|J4||Honda CB500X||1.500 €||25||(A2/A) 1 year||1.500 €||Not available|
|K||T-MAX 500||1.500 €||25||(A2/A) 1 year||1.500 €||Not available|
|K1||Guzzi V85 E4||1.800 €||25||(A) 1 year||1.800 €||Not available|
|K2||Yamaha Majesty 400||1.500 €||25||(A) 1 year||1.500 €||Not available|
11.1.1. Users who choose the “basic rate” must leave a deposit by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) for the same amount as the excess.
11.1.2. The excess amount established in point 11.1, is the maximum amount that the User has to pay for damages and / or losses caused to the vehicle, with exception of accidents caused by reckless driving, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or if the driver is not identified in the contract.
- The CDW does not cover in any case the damage caused to the underbody, rims and tires of the vehicle, when they occur as a consequence of overloaded driving or by places such as beaches, inappropriate roads, forest roads, all roads with no asphalt etc.; damages caused by blows against stones potholes or any other object found on the road.; damages produced to rims and tires from bumps against curbs damages due to parking manoeuvres and those damages produced by reckless driving or any other damage that derive from the bad faith of the user.
- The CDW and TP coverages do not apply if the user breaches any of the conditions of the rental agreement relating to the correct use of the vehicle.
- The CDW and TP coverage do not apply in the event that the cost of repairing the damage or the partial theft is less or equals the excess amount of the vehicle listed in the general price list depending on each category, in which case, said cost, will be up to the limit of the excess, it will always be in the responsibility of the User.
- The CDW and TP coverage shall not be do applicable if the User does not hand in the corresponding document (police report and / or accident report) duly completed within a maximum period of forty-eight (48) hours (apart from cases of force majeure), from the date the incident occurred.
- If according to the stipulation within the general conditions, the CDW and TP exemptions do not apply, the User will be responsible for paying all to the vehicle, as well as recompense the days of immobilization the vehicle.
- The rental (rate) covers the loss and damage of the vehicle in case of spontaneous combustion, when it does not occur as a result of a traffic accident or in case of total or partial theft or by acts of vandalism or by driving without respecting the specifications of use, for the type of vehicle, in which case the article that establishes the payments shall govern.
11.2. PAI (Personal Accident Insurance). The PAI is a personal injury and health care insurance that covers medical expenses arising in the event of an accident and guarantees indemnification in case of death or permanent disability. It does not include the theft of personal items.
11.3. TP (Theft Insurance)
- The TP is a service provided directly by Autos Valls that exempts the User, once contracted, from the financial responsibility in case of total or partial theft of the vehicle from the amount of the excess.
- Partial theft means the theft of any of the original elements or components, documents, parts, tools and accessories of the vehicle, as well as any additional accessory that the User has requested from Autos Valls.
- If the TP is not contracted the financial responsibility is of the User and he will be hold financially responsible for damages and / or losses of the total or partial theft of the vehicle and must pay for the immobilization of the same.
- The TP is only applicable if the User hands back the keys of the vehicle to Autos Valls (the set of keys that was given to him at the time of formalizing the rental contract) without any manipulation as well as the original police incident report presented and signed by the relevant authorities.
11.4. CAR (Roadside Assistance for mechanical breakdown). This coverage guarantees the replacement of the damaged vehicle and roadside assistance by crane, it becomes null and void if the, accident and / or vehicle standstill is the consequence of negligence due to offences or infractions made by the user breaching the conditions as set out and signed in the rental contract.
Roadside assistance coverage does not include punctures, in that case the user is in charge of changing the wheel and must drive the vehicle to AUTOS VALLS so that the tire can be repaired. The cost of roadside assistance in case of puncture is listed in the General Price list.
12. OPTIONAL COVERAGE.
12.1. FDW (Premium Insurance Coverage or SCDW): By contracting this additional insurance, or choosing the Premium Rate, the User eliminate the excess and takes out comprehensive insurance in the event of an accident. In case of contracting this coverage, the deposit is a guarantee for returning the vehicle on the date, place and time agreed in the contract and with the same level of fuel. This deposit will range between € 100 and € 500 depending on the category of the vehicle and may be deposited on a credit / debit card or cash. (See Table 11.1)
12.2. General Exclusions of Premium Coverage: Premium coverage does not cover the following damages:
- Those caused on the undercarriage, rims, tires and wheels by blows against rocks, stones, trees, curbs …
- Those generated by negligent, reckless driving or any other damage produced in bad faith
- Those produced by disobeying the terms of the rental agreement and / or the provisions of article 7.2 of these general conditions
- Damage to the interior of the vehicle
- Fuel error, wrong refuelling of petrol
- Breakage or loss of keys
The coverage will in no case, cover the personal effects left, stored or transported in the vehicle. DO NOT LEAVE ANY OBJECTS IN THE VEHICLE AND ALWAYS MAKE SURE THE VEHICLE IS PROPERLY LOCKED.
12.3. RC (Reduction of Excess): The vehicles listed in groups that do not admit the contracting of an all-risk coverage without excess (FDW), offer the option of contracting an extra insurance (RC) that reduces the excess up to 50%.
13. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS.
13.1. Mechanical wear by normal use of the vehicle is assumed by Autos Valls.
13.2. The User must periodically check, the levels and replace, if necessary, the fluids of the engine every 1,000 (one thousand) km travelled. In case fluid replacement is done, keep the receipt, it will be paid by Autos Valls, upon presentation of the corresponding invoice.
13.3. The User is not authorized to command repairs to the vehicle without the explicit and, written authorization by Autos Valls.
14. CANCELLATION / CANCELLATION OF RESERVATIONS.
14.1. If the reservation is cancelled up to 96 hours before delivery, the amount paid will be refunded, applying an administrative cancellation charge of € 25.00.
14.2. If the reservation is cancelled in less than 96 hours before delivery, the prepayment will not be reimbursed, with exception of for force majeure (natural catastrophe, wars, terrorist attacks, death or serious illness of the User, or direct family faithfully accredited and sent to the following address email@example.com.
14.3. The prepayment in case of modifications is not refundable.
14.4. The amount paid for contracted or modified extras or accessories will not be refunded.
14.5. Autos Valls is not responsible and will not reimburse any amount in case of delay and/or cancellation of the flight that stop the client from picking up the car.
The User has the right to receive a copy of these General Conditions in Spanish and this will be stated in the versions of the same translated into other languages, we will inform you of the translations in other languages that are available. In case of disputes in the interpretation of he terms, the decisive version will be the one written in Spanish.
17. COMPETENT JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW.
17.1. These general conditions will be governed by the laws of the kingdom of Spain.